FIRST PAST THE POST
What is first past the post?
Get paid out if you’ve backed the horse that crosses the winning line in first place –
even if your selection gets disqualified or demoted.
What races and types of bet count if my horse crosses the line in first place?
First-past-the-post returns are available for all UK and Irish races. There are also no stake limits.
Your bet must be made on the day of the race and on any win or each-way market. All single and multiple bets count.
When does first past the post not apply?
• If a horse is disqualified when the jockey fails to weigh in correctly – including a wrong weight or if a jockey does not weigh in
• If a horse is disqualified for taking the ‘wrong course’
• If there was any subsequent appeal or amendment that was not made on the day of the race
• When a race is declared void
• If you make an ante-post or ‘future horse racing’ bet
• Any bet placed on or settled using the PMU or Tote odds
• If there is a correction to a result given in error by the judge prior to the weigh-in
• If you place a bet on anything other than a win or each-way market on the day of the race in which your horse runs. These include, but are not limited to, forecast and Tricasts, match bets, distance bets or special bets